Friday, April 18, 2008

Chapter 23 Huck Finn

The line that stand out most in my mind in Chapter twenty three is when Huck states that Jim is moaning and crying over his children, and Huck says that he can't beleive a black man can have the same feelings for his children as a white man can, but that it must be true. This is yet another example of how society brainwashed people, especially children, into thinking white men were superior to the rest. Also, the "play" that the King and Duke put on went very well for them. They "stole" people for over four hundred dollars, and on the last night skipped out on the performance because they knew what the people were going to do. I was actually a bit surprised at how smart they were. I knew they were crooks, but I was waiting for them to mess up and end up turning themselves in. All in all, I thinkt this was one of the better chapters, we see a side of Jim we haven't seen before, and they once again escape a near tragic event.

No comments: